For sure you can easily find lots of haircolor salons when you go out in your locality, but you can rarely Best Blondes in San Diego find a kind of salon that is really a ‘standout’ – one that can offer additional benefits to customers aside from its regular services.
So, what are the criteria that you should look into to conclude that a particular salon is different from the rest? What are the factors that set it apart?
Take a look at the following areas:
- Number of diversified services – while the usual salon services are limited to hairstyles and haircoloring, a high-end salon offers more than that such as hair extensions, hair smoothing treatment, etc. Check out which hair salon offers added services in your area and try to evaluate if you can also benefit from these services.
- Educational program/events – a good hair color salon does not limit its services to hairstyle and hair coloring, but it is also willing to give other a career opportunity. Seldom you can find a haircolor salon that offers salon education/training programs. When you look around in your area, ask if one is offering such program and evaluate if you can participate in that.
- The salon atmosphere – and by this, I am referring to the atmosphere inside a salon. A salon with happy employees is an indicator of healthy salon business. How do they treat their co-workers? How do they establish rapport with its customers? Do they have a friendly atmosphere? – these are some important observations you must not overlook.
- Achievement / Recognition – one of the best indicators of how good a hair color salon is to determine if it has received some recognition or awards in the past for the services they offer. For instance, in San Jose, CA, award-giving bodies such as San Jose Magazine and Salon Today Magazine recognize the top salon in the area – and it’s an annual recognition.
- Products – reputable salons are usually run not only by individuals with expertise in this field but also by those who have made names in beauty products. Does the salon in your area have an exclusive right to distribute a popular beauty brand? Is it trusted by big beauty product manufacturers? For instance, Redken beauty products are distributed only by fine, reputable salons.
- The number of certified hair stylists – this is another factor that could make a salon a standout from the rest of its competitors. Does your prospect have certified and expert stylists in the house?
With lots of advertising/promotional gimmicks done, it can be difficult for you to find a salon that is reputable and can give the best services. Don’t be easily swayed by these. Be a smart customer. Set your own standard and do your own research and evaluation.