There are lots of great tools you can use to train your abdominals. One of them is to use a 5-15lbs medicine ball. A medicine ball allows you to train your abdominals by increasing the difficulty with external resistance.
The following are 8 great movements 36 togel you can use to train your abdominals:
Oblique Twist with a Press
- Sit on the floor with a ball in your hand and lean slightly back. Bend your knees and lift your feet off the ground. Squeeze your abs hard to help you hold this position. Twist your body to the right, bringing the ball to your right side.
- Twist back and bring your body to starting position. Press the medicine ball over your head, and repeat on the left side.
Overhead Lateral Flexion
- Stand with your feet together. Hold a medicine ball over your head. In a controlled manner, move the ball slightly to the right, bending at the waist. Return to starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Stand a few feet away from a brick wall. Stand sideways with your left shoulder facing the wall. Hold the ball with your hands. Twist to the right, then reverse the movement and explode.
- Twist towards the wall and throw the ball at the wall. Catch the ball quickly and repeat. Complete all your repetitions with one side before repeating with the other side.
Medicine Ball Pushups
- Pushups by themselves do a great job of targeting the abdominals. Place one ball underneath your chest or shoulder level. Place both your hands on the ball, and perform a pushup.
- Getting and keeping your balance will be the toughest part of this movement.
- Stand holding a medicine ball. With your feet shoulder width apart, bring the medicine ball up and over your left shoulder. Hold it up to your ear. Make a chopping motion by bring the ball diagonally across the body towards your right knee.
- Stop the movement here, and return to starting position. Perform all repetitions with one side before repeating on the other side.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Hold a ball straight out in front of you. Holding the medicine ball away from your body will place greater stress on the abdominals.
- Move your hips back and bend your knees as you lower you body down as low as possible. Return to starting position and repeat.
- Just as in the medicine ball pushups, place a ball underneath your chest or at shoulder level. Place both your hands on the ball. Keep your body straight and abs tight as you hold this position.
- Start off with 30 seconds and steadily build yourself up to sets of 60 seconds.